Wednesday 2 March 2016

Title of My Magazine

I am going to call my magazine 'Calyx.' I like how different and unique this title is. I also like how Calyx means the sepals of a flower, typically forming a whorl that encloses the petals and forms a protective layer around a flower in bud, as this is a very bizarre part of a flower to talk about. Normally when you hear the word flower, you associate it with its petals or the specific type of flower it is, however because my magazine style is alternative and they like to stand out from the mainstream, I wanted this to mirror itself within my magazine title, as you could almost say that Calyx is standing out from the mainstream words associated with flowers. I also wanted my title to be quite short like FADER and Clash, as I was basing my magazine off of these two successful alternative magazine companies, therefore I wanted to have a similar layout and I felt like it wouldn't have worked as well if my magazine title was a word that was much longer as it would take up too much space on my cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment