Sunday 24 January 2016

Artist Inspiration And Style

For my Alternative music magazine, I decided to create my own solo artist to be the main feature. To keep my magazine fresh and new, my featured artist is going to be a "newcomer" to the music industry, getting their first big break from being on the cover of my magazine. 

My Inspiration: Artists that I have been inspired by within my magazine are the likes of Alternative artists Lana Del Rey, Halsey, Melanie Martinez, Paramore's Hayley Williams, Fifth Harmony's Lauren Jauregui, and Marina & The Diamonds.




My inspiration comes from these artists because they are artists who I would personally listen to myself, and I feel that they all have a nicely fitting theme together that associates well with the Alternative name. Me being a massive lover of Alternative music myself, I have a rough idea as to what Alternative fans like and don't like music wise, and I believe that my audience would approve of these sorts of artists themselves. 

Artist Look: I want to create a look for my artist that is a combination of both relaxed and well stood out, hence why I shall interpret an artistic background for my artists photoshoot that will be extremely eye catching within its striking colours, whilst the artist themselves is dressed out in casual looking clothing. Because of the use of a striking background, I am not going to use any props within my artist, as I believe it will take away the effect of the colours and the patterns that are going on around the photo. 

Artist Name: I have decided to name my artist Ramsais, who's original name is Marissa, basing the inspiration of this particular style name off of the Alternative artist Halsey, who used an anagram for her own name, Ashley. The use of an anagram for my artist's name gives off a very unusual, but intriguing difference between what is classed as the stereotypical Alternative genre and what is classed as the mainstream, which is something that I aim to do throughout my magazine to maintain interest from my target audience.



No comments:

Post a Comment