Monday 11 January 2016

UK Tribes Audience Research

During my audience research, I looked at the website UK Tribes in order to come to a conclusion on which market I would like and am going to sell my magazine to. My intended magazine style is based upon the genre of alternative music, therefore I needed to find a group of people that would portray this genre clearly. 

After looking through the different categories on UK Tribes, I came to the conclusion that my main audience that I would like to sell my magazine to are 'Young Alts', because they clearly want to set their own path through music standing out from the other genres completely, giving them their own individual personality. 



On the UK Tribes website, they are described as:

The Tribe who ‘want out’ of the Mainstream – an experimental Tribe trying anything and everything Alternative from Grunge to Hardcore… Young Alts are a long standing youth Tribe – the entry level Alternatives that simply want to set themselves apart from the Mainstream by looking alternative, listening to alternative music, having alternative views… Even if they are Mainstream in every other sense!

UK Tribes

While exploring the UK Tribes website, I found another tribe that would fit into my bracket, and i'm keen to sell my magazine to both of these groups. The next group that I came across was 'Scenesters', again wanting to interpret their own personality within their genre. 



The UK Tribes website defined them as:

Replacing the recently demoted Hipsters – the scenesters encapsulate everything that Hipsterdom has failed to in recent years. Setting themselves apart by creating new trends by co-opting fashion and music from accross the Tribal map and blending it with their own individual attitudes. Ever difficult to pin down, they move at lightning speed through youth culture – moving onto whats ‘next’ before it has a chance to become ‘now’.

This is just a rough estimate on what my target audience would be like, however in saying that people from all types of preferred music taste can read the magazine that I will create. Although I am basing my general ideas upon these two groups in particular, so that I am able to primarily focus my work on the type of genre that I intend to do my entire magazine upon.

No comments:

Post a Comment